Customer Account Specialist
Primary Objective: Perform Collections on accounts that are past due.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage a workflow list of delinquent accounts
- Contact customers by telephone to discuss past due accounts
- Make payment arrangements
- Settle delinquent accounts
- Request deferments for past due accounts.
- Process payments using a web based payment processing system
- Accurately document accounts
- Answer inbound Collections and/or Customer Service Inquiries
- Contact delinquent customers and request payment in full of the past due balance.
- Make payment arrangements with customers that cannot remit full past due balance
- Maintain acceptable number of calls, dollars collected, and accounts touched on a daily basis.
- Follow prescribed policy guidelines to ensure that delinquency, risk, and fraud are mitigated.
- Interact with Quality Control, Compliance, and Treasury Administration for problem resolution, risk evaluation and compliance concerns, as needed.
- Foster positive and productive customer relations by maintaining open and responsive communication.
- Contributes a positive and team oriented workplace environment.
- Assist other departments upon request
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
- Must be able to multi-task
Experience and Education:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Some Collections or Customer Service Experience Preferred
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) a plus
General Information: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.